- "Wilbert Montgomery calls out his RBs: 'Nobody wants the role'" (Plain Dealer) - "Browns running back coach Wilbert Montgomery called out his running backs Sunday for not stepping up and demanding the starting job. He also criticized them for not coming to camp and 'tip-top shape' and getting injured."
- "Danny Shelton Highly Impactful in Scrimmage" (OBR) - "When the Cleveland Browns selected Danny Shelton with the 12th pick in the 1st Round expectations were high. I recently noted in a radio interview that Shelton could help the Browns run defense go from dead last to Top 15 against the run."
- "QB Connor Shaw showing improved arm strength, poise at Browns camp" (Browns.com) - "During a typical week of steamy training camp practices, Cleveland Browns quarterback Connor Shaw gets 10-11 repetitions while he splits his third-team duties with veteran Thaddeus Lewis."
- "I Love Football. I Love the Browns. I Hate the NFL." (WFNY) - "I love football. That’s probably the laziest way to start a post, and I’m sure it won’t be the last time I figuratively stammer out that platitude. My feeble attempt to articulate my inexplicable affection for a silly game is as eloquent and profound as Brick Tamland’s 'I love lamp.'"
- "Hall of Famer, former broadcaster Frank Gifford dies" (NFL.com) - "Former New York Giants Hall of Famer and broadcast legend Frank Gifford has died suddenly of natural causes at age 84..."
- "Buccaneers, LB Lavonte David agree to terms on 5-year, $50.25M extension" (CBS) - "After three stellar seasons in Tampa Bay, linebacker Lavonte David is about to get a big raise."
- "Bridgewater expected to start tonight after dealing with family issue" (PFT) - "Vikings quarterback Teddy Bridgewater was away from the team for the last 48 hours while attending to a family issue..."
- "Incognito says NFL system 'bogus' due to Goodell's 'absolute power'" (ESPN) - "Richie Incognito sees parallels between the Deflategate investigation and the Miami Dolphins' bullying probe..."