- "Ray Rice playing for the Browns? It's been discussed in Cleveland" (SI.com) - "No critical mass has been reached in Cleveland’s backfield just yet, but with the Browns clearly dissatisfied with their young rushers early this preseason, file away the Browns as one of the more logical and likely landing spots..."
- "Johnny Manziel rests sore elbow but could be 'ready to roll' for Redskins" (Plain Dealer) - "The only passes Johnny Manziel threw in practice on Tuesday were with his left arm because of soreness in his throwing elbow. But coach Mike Pettine thinks Manziel will still play Thursday night..."
- "Joe Thomas' Legacy Grows" (OBR) - "In Cleveland, Ohio a player like Joe Thomas will be more than just a Pro Football Hall-of-Famer. He will be a legend whether or not he ever gets to play in a playoff game."
- "Tramon Williams: Browns Can 'Get Over The Hump' With More Experienced Players" (92.3) - "Tramon Williams joined Baskin & Phelps Tuesday at Training Camp in Berea to discuss coming to the team from one with postseason success like Green Bay and how to translate it..."
- "Time For the Jets to Grow Up" (Sports on Earth) - "The New York Jets had to cut linebacker Ikemefuna 'I.K.' Enemkpali on Tuesday after he 'sucker punched' quarterback Geno Smith in the locker room, breaking Smith's jaw and putting him on the sidelines for 6-10 weeks."
- "Deflategate judge pressures Tom Brady, NFL, union to settle" (ESPN) - "A judge is urging last-minute settlement talks between the NFL, the players' union and Tom Brady before a Wednesday hearing in the legal dispute over the superstar quarterback's suspension for using underinflated footballs."
- "Bobby Massie facing three-game ban for Cardinals" (NFL.com) - "The Arizona Cardinals' solidified offensive line is suddenly springing leaks. Right tackle Bobby Massie is facing a three-game suspension for violating the NFL Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse..."
- "Tony McDaniel says Michael Bennett wants to return to Tampa" (PFT) - "Cut by the Seahawks, defensive tackle Tony McDaniel has joined the Buccaneers. In his first day on the job, McDaniel dropped a little bomb about a former Buccaneer who still plays in Seattle."