- "Jimmy Haslam OK with Browns adding Ray Rice; GM calls talk 'premature'" (ESPN) - "Owner Jimmy Haslam has signed off on the Cleveland Browns adding running back Ray Rice, but the football people will decide if it happens. And they are a long way from making that judgment."
- "Johnny Manziel runs for TD but doesn't flash money sign" (CBS) - "Should the Browns win the Super Bowl this year? Or try to go undefeated too? That's the sort of thinking Cleveland fans are having after their motley crew of quarterbacks carved up the hapless Redskins defense on Thursday night."
- "Nate Orchard is a Grown-Ass Man" (WFNY) - "Nate Orchard is not Johnny Manziel. I hate to kick sand in Johnny’s face after his tough rookie year, and especially since he’s said and done all the right things for the past several months; it’s a striking comparison is all."
- "NFL Fantasy Preview: Cleveland Browns" (NFL.com) - "The 'NFL Fantasy Live' crew discusses what players from the Cleveland Browns are worth drafting in fantasy football and what rounds to get them." - VIDEO
- "Colts, T.Y. Hilton agree to five-year, $65 million contract extension" (SI.com) - "The Indianapolis Colts and wide receiver T.Y. Hilton have agreed to a contract extension, the team announced Thursday."
- "NFL exec: Teams need `actionable' plans in L.A. derby" (USA TODAY) - "San Diego and St. Louis have been scrambling to create viable new stadium plans that will keep their NFL teams from leaving for Los Angeles in 2016."
- "Settlement discussions in NFL 'Deflategate' case continue" (AP) - "For a second day Thursday, lawyers for the NFL and its players' union met separately with a federal judge to try to resolve their legal dispute..."
- "IK Enemkpali says he should have walked away from Smith argument" (ESPN) - "IK Enemkpali said Thursday that he is grateful to get a chance with the Buffalo Bills and apologized for punching New York Jets quarterback Geno Smith..."