- "Manziel cuts practice short due to sore right elbow" (AP) - "Johnny Manziel's climb has been slowed by a sore elbow. The Browns' backup quarterback, who has made major strides on and off the field, cut his practice short Sunday after experiencing soreness in his right elbow..."
- "Alex Mack feels ‘right on track’ to be ready for season" (Browns.com) - "Alex Mack was talking about earlobes Sunday. The Browns Pro Bowl center prefers to keep discussions about his recovery from a severe leg injury brief and lighthearted."
- "Joe Thomas rips Deflategate probe, Roger Goodell's 'ridiculous witch hunts'" (ESPN) - "He called Goodell's decision 'completely ridiculous' because the league allows quarterbacks to go to great lengths to make game footballs the way they want them."
- "Grades for Bills-Browns preseason game" (PFF) - "Mitchell Schwartz (-4.3) allowed two hurries from just 14 pass-blocking snaps, and didn’t look great against the run, either. With the Browns drafting Cameron Erving (-0.8) as the long-term replacement to center Alex Mack..."
- "Jordy Nelson believed to have torn ACL on Sunday" (NFL.com) - "The Green Bay Packers lost one of their best players to injury on the opening drive of Sunday's 24-19 preseason loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers."
- "Maurkice Pouncey believed to need surgery for broken ankle" (PFT) - "Steelers center Maurkice Pouncey suffered what appears to be a serious ankle injury in today’s preseason game with the Packers."
- "Sources: Reggie Wayne visiting with Patriots, will take physical" (ESPN) - "Former Indianapolis Colts wide receiver Reggie Wayne is visiting with the New England Patriots and will take a physical Sunday..."
- "Cris Carter told NFL rookies to have a ‘fall guy’ for crimes" (SI.com) - "Video has surfaced that shows the former player Borland was referring was former receiver Cris Carter."