- "Johnny Manziel's elbow still sore, likely to miss exhibition" (AP) - "Johnny Manziel entered the NFL with a flair for making sensational plays. And, as it turns out, an elbow problem. Manziel's right elbow soreness — a problem the Browns said has troubled the former Texas A&M star..."
- "Paul Kruger will be key to team's success" (MJ) - "Paul Kruger should be a marked man after the season he had last year, but opponents will still find him an elusive target because he will be lining up in different spots depending on the defense called."
- "Thad Lewis knows big opportunity awaits vs. Tampa Bay" (Browns.com) - "Thaddeus Lewis doesn’t see Saturday’s preseason game against Tampa Bay any differently than the previous two. In the veteran quarterback’s eyes, his job remains the same."
- "Browns were right when it came to Peyton Hillis, which is hard for Hillis to accept" (Plain Dealer) - "It's so easy to become mad at the wrong people. That's what I thought when reading the Bleacher Report story by Brad Gagnon on former Browns running back Peyton Hillis."
- "Junior Galette suffers torn Achilles in practice, faces lengthy rehab" (ESPN) - "Washington Redskins linebacker Junior Galette suffered a torn Achilles at the end of practice Wednesday, sources told ESPN."
- "Falcons sign Grossman to compete for backup quarterback job" (AP) - "Rex Grossman believes he has a couple more seasons left in him. After signing the 35-year-old backup quarterback to a one-year deal on Wednesday, the Atlanta Falcons seem to agree."
- "Russell Wilson doubles down on 'Recovery Water' claims" (PFT) - "Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson was roundly mocked online when it was revealed today that he credits a product called Recovery Water for preventing him from suffering a concussion in the NFC Championship Game."
- "NFL video says in-game fighting is a point of emphasis in 2015" (CBS) - "It seems that this preseason, more than most, has been marred by fights, whether during training camps or joint practices."