- "With Johnny Manziel's elbow hurting, Browns sign QB Pat Devlin" (CBS) - "The Browns have signed former Dolphins and Vikings quarterback Pat Devlin. Devlin went undrafted out of Delaware in 2011 before signing with the Dolphins as a rookie free agent."
- "All aboard: Browns Quarterback Carousel turning earlier than usual" (WKNR) - "Here we go again: Even for the Browns, late August is rather early for their Quarterback Carousel to be spinning. As GM Ray Farmer might say, 'At the end of the day, it is what it is.'"
- "Browns call it minor, but Johnny Manziel's elbow issues persist" (ESPN) - "The Cleveland Browns did their best to turn off the alarms Wednesday, but it’s tough not to wonder about Johnny Manziel’s elbow. Consider the progression that Manziel and the Browns have followed the past couple weeks..."
- "Former CEO Joe Banner Joins ESPN As Analyst" (92.3) - "Former Browns CEO Joe Banner has landed a new job. Banner has been hired by ESPN to serve as a “front office analyst” the network announced Thursday."
- "Steelers' Martavis Bryant facing 4-game suspension" (NFL.com) - "Martavis Bryant's second-year leap could be put on hold to start the NFL season. The Pittsburgh Steelers receiver is facing a four-game suspension for violating the NFL Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse..."
- "Judge: I'm not sure Roger Goodell understands there is a CBA" (USA TODAY) - "The federal judge who long has presided over NFL labor matters is as interested as everyone else to see how things play out in the Tom Brady Deflategate case."
- "I’m Better Than 245 NFL Players At Catching Footballs" (538) - "'Madden NFL 16' came out Tuesday, and with it a suite of new NFL player evaluations. The folks at Madden have a difficult job: finding a way to quantify hundreds of athletes on a range of skills to accurately represent a complicated game."
- "32 NFL Teams, 32 Breakout Candidates" (Sports on Earth) - "With the new NFL season nearly upon us, you've surely been inundated by now with fantasy watch lists, 'Best of...' lists, team weakness lists and so on. But the names can get a bit repetitive in those."