This week, the Browns open the regular season by taking on the Jets in Week 1. Here are some nuggets about Sunday's contest, as well as how you can watch or listen to the game.
Game Time/Date: Sunday, September 13, 2015 at 1:00 PM ET
Location: East Rutherford, New Jersey
TV Channel: CBS - Greg Gumbel (play-by-play) & Trent Green (analyst)
Local Radio: 92.3 The Fan (WKRK-FM), ESPN 850 WKNR, WNCX (98.5 FM)
Online streaming: NFL Game Pass
Weather: 74 degrees, feels like 74, 15% chance of rain, W winds at 8 MPH
Odds: Jets by 3 points.
The areas in blue are scheduled to show the Cleveland Browns take on the New York Jets on CBS this Sunday during the 1:00 PM ET time slot, per 506sports:
Predict the Score:
- This is the second consecutive season, and just the third time since the team returned in 1999, that Cleveland is opening the season on the road. Making up for lost time, I guess. The Browns have lost ten straight opener, with their only opening win since 1999 coming in 2004 when Jeff Garcia beat the Ravens.
- Browns head coach Mike Pettine spent four seasons (2009-12) as the Jets defensive coordinator. He guided his unit to a top-10 finish each season. Offensive coordinator John DeFilippo was the Jets assistant quarterbacks coach in 2009. Defensive coordinator Jim O’Neil spent four seasons (2009-12) coaching with the Jets. Quarterbacks coach Kevin O’Connell spent three seasons (2009-11) as an actual quarterback with the Jets.
- Jets head coach Todd Bowles spent four seasons (2001-04) with the Browns as secondary coach. Former Browns CB Buster Skrine signed a contract with the Jets this offseason and is their nickelback.
- QB Josh McCown joins his brother brother, Luke, as the only pair of brothers to start at quarterback for the Browns. He will be the 23rd quarterback to start for the team since 1999.
- The Browns will be debuting their brown jersey-orange pants uniform combination:
Opening the regular season with this #CLEvsNYJ pic.twitter.com/J75pU3UWTW— Cleveland Browns (@Browns) September 10, 2015
- These teams last met on December 22, 2013, with the Jets defeating the Browns 24-13. The Browns had gotten off to a 10-0 start, but veteran WR David Nelson, who had been in camp with the Browns during the offseason, caught two touchdown passes. QB Jason Campbell was Cleveland's quarterback and RB Edwin Baker was the team's leading rusher.
- We will have our first quarter game day thread ready at 11:30 AM ET on Sunday, along with plenty of in-game and post-game analysis.