- "Source: Scott Solomon out 4-6 weeks" (ESPN) - "Cleveland Browns outside linebacker Scott Solomon will miss four to six weeks with an ankle injury suffered early in Sunday's season opener, a source told ESPN's Adam Caplan."
- "McCown's concussion forces Browns to sign quarterback" (AP) - "With starter Josh McCown recovering from a concussion, the Browns added depth at quarterback by signing Matt Blanchard to their practice squad. McCown is following NFL concussion protocol after getting hurt on the opening drive Sunday."
- "Williams: 'It can't get any Worse'" (OBR) - "If there is a silver lining in Sunday’s 31-10 loss to the New York Jets, Browns fans can look back eight years to the 2007 season. The Browns opened the season at home against the Steelers and were blown out, 34-7."
- "CLE-NYJ Grades: Manziel grades low in opener" (PFF) - "We went into the struggles of QB Johnny Manziel (-2.6) in further detail here. There are times when he flashes potential, but the dependency on his legs is clear. That reliance sometimes leads him into trouble..."
- "Sources: JPP also missing tip of thumb, had procedure on middle finger" (ESPN) - "Jason Pierre-Paul had a repair procedure performed on his right middle finger three days before the New York Giants examined his hand last week."
- "Vick Ballard released by Indianapolis Colts" (NFL.com) - "The Indianapolis Colts have stopped waiting for Vick Ballard to get back on the field. The oft-injured running back -- who led the Colts in rushing as a rookie in 2012 -- was waived by the team on Tuesday."
- "Cowboys land Brice Butler to help replace Dez Bryant" (USA TODAY) - "Brice Butler confirmed Tuesday on Twitter he had been traded to Dallas from the Oakland Raiders. Butler joins the Cowboys ahead of a Week 2 matchup with the Philadelphia Eagles."
- "Zimmer remains confident in Bridgewater despite Week 1 'clunker'" (PFT) - "Vikings coach Mike Zimmer says he remains confident in quarterback Teddy Bridgewater, despite a rough night in the opening loss against the 49ers."