- "Cleveland Browns Defense All Over Marcus Mariota" (OBR) - "After having virtually no pass rush against the Jets in the season opener, the Browns turned up the heat on rookie Marcus Mariota. The defense held the Titans scoreless until only 1:36 remained in the third quarter..."
- "Travis Benjamin Emerging as the Cleveland Browns' Most Explosive Player" (B/R) - "There were a number of things the Cleveland Browns needed this year in order to make a significant leap forward: an improved run defense, a true, franchise quarterback and playmakers on offense."
- "Benjamin will roll in the Benjamins if his torrid start continues for Cleveland" (Plain Dealer) - "Johnny Manziel no longer celebrates good fortune by rubbing his fingers together in a 'making money' gesture. Perhaps Travis Benjamin -- whose surname is slang for currency..."
- "Johnny Football 2.0 on full display in Browns' home opener" (ESPN) - "Never has the Johnny Manziel experience been so clear-cut. If he fails this time, it's because he can't get it done on the field. Off the field is not a question for the Cleveland Browns, who feel that Manziel..."
- "Tony Romo suffers collarbone injury in Cowboys win" (CBS) - "The worst-case scenario for the Dallas Cowboys unfolded before our eyes on Sunday afternoon in Philadelphia. In an ugly game against the Eagles, the Cowboys lost more than they could've imagined..."
- "6 QBs the Cowboys could acquire" (USA TODAY) - "Though the Dallas Cowboys have yet to rule quarterback Tony Romo out for the rest of the season, they surely have to spend several weeks – if not months – without their star quarterback after he suffered a broken left collarbone Sunday."
- "Injuries: Bills' Aaron Williams released from hospital" (NFL.com) - "The Falcons were without their rookie running back for most of the game. Tevin Coleman was carted off the field against the Giants during the second quarter."
- "Carr's late TD pass rallies Raiders past Ravens" (AP) - "All Derek Carr wanted after he threw a late interception in a tie game was a chance. When that opportunity came, Carr didn't squander it. Carr bounced back from that critical mistake to throw a 12-yard touchdown pass..."