- "Mike Pettine made the only choice he could at quarterback" (DPD) - "While Cleveland Browns head coach Mike Pettine holds an economics degree, he is clearly a student of history, especially as it pertains to the team’s quarterback situation."
- "The Browns Are Setting The Franchise Back By Starting McCown Over Manziel" (DPN) - "First, I’m not yelling for anything crazy to happen. I don’t want Mike Pettine fired, I don’t think he’s a bad coach, I don’t hate Josh McCown."
- "Just as he works his way back, cornerback Justin Gilbert suffers another setback" (WKNR) - "Less than an hour after coach Mike Pettine was singing the praises of the enigmatic cornerback, Gilbert suffered a hamstring muscle pull in the early portion of practice."
- "Dwayne Bowe still not ready to be a key part of offense" (MJ) - "Fans, coaches and Browns quarterbacks waiting to see production from Dwayne Bowe might have to wait a little longer. The Browns’ supposed key acquisition in the offseason does not have a catch..."
- "Darrelle Revis groin injury 'doesn’t appear' to be serious" (PFT) - "Jets coach Todd Bowles didn’t address the groin injury that kept cornerback Darrelle Revis out of practice on Wednesday..."
- "Arian Foster: No timetable for return to Texans" (NFL.com) - "The Houston Texans running back said Thursday he plans to wait until he's 100 percent to hit the field, then said he's not yet 100 percent."
- "Texans WR DeAndre Hopkins misses practice with concussion" (SI.com) - "Houston Texans wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins missed practice Wednesday recovering from a concussion..."
- "Evaluating the turnaround hopes of the NFL's 0-2 teams" (Sports on Earth) - "Since the NFL expanded to its current 12-team playoff format in 1990, 205 squads have started the season 0-2."