- "Who Benefits from Browns’ Roster Cuts?" (OBR) - "The Cleveland Browns reduced their roster to the league-mandated 75 players on Tuesday, with some cuts coming as a surprise and others more of the expected nature. Either way, the reduction of Cleveland’s roster by 15 players opens up opportunities..."
- "Pettine says 4 or 5 roster spots up for grabs Thursday vs. Bears" (Browns.com) - "Need a reason to watch Thursday night’s Cleveland Browns preseason game against the Chicago Bears? On Tuesday’s Mike Pettine radio show, the Browns coach said there are four or five roster decisions..."
- "Manziel's mentor: Browns QB will make 'heckuva recovery' after rehab" (USA TODAY) - "Earlier this week, Johnny Manziel said he reached out to famed orthopedist James Andrews about tendinitis in the Cleveland Browns quarterback’s right elbow."
- "Suppose the Browns didn’t make any trades in the 2011 draft" (WFNY) - "Phil Taylor being cut means more than one very large professional athlete losing his job. Big Phil’s departure has become a microcosm of all that is wrong with the Browns, an indicator of years of mismanagement..."
- "Phil Taylor visits Steelers" (PFT) - "On Tuesday, the Browns gave defensive tackle Phil Taylor $5.477 million to not play for the Browns. The Steelers may now be paying Taylor even more to not play for the Browns."
- "Bills worried LeSean McCoy may not be fully ready Week 1 due to injury" (ESPN) - "The Buffalo Bills are concerned that running back LeSean McCoy might not be fully ready to play in Week 1..."
- "Texans trade TE Khari Lee to Bears" (NFL.com) - "Add another tick mark to the tally of low-level trades this week as teams swap spare parts that don't fit their NFL hot rods."
- "How every first-round rookie has played this preseason" (PFF) - "Rookies are often the talk of preseason, as teams and fans get the chance to see their first-year players take an NFL field for the first time."