Editor's Note: FanDuel is running a $1,000,000 fantasy football league in week 1. The Top 46,000 teams win cash with $100,000 paid to first place. Join now!
With the Cleveland Browns' first regular season game coming up next Sunday, it's time to take a glance at whether any members of the 2015 squad are worth having on your fantasy football roster! Next week, we'll get in to specific week-to-week matches, such as the Browns' Week 1 opponent in the New York Jets. For now, we're concerned about long-term draft plans.
TAKE A FLIER ON
- RB Isaiah Crowell - Head coach Mike Pettine has already said that Crowell is likely going to be the starting running back to open the season, and with the recent rumors that the team could be looking to trade RB Terrance West, Crowell is the most lucrative Browns running back to take a flier on. He also had a nose for the end zone as a rookie, and there's no reason to expect that not to continue in 2015. Crowell was a 7th round pick in our 12-man league, which is pretty good value for him.
- RB Duke Johnson - Even though injuries have derailed Johnson's preseason, between Wilbert Montgomery's comments in camp and the fact that Johnson started the third preseason game, Johnson has a chance to land the starting role at the start of the season. The coaches have touted his receiving ability, which would also be a benefit for PPR leagues. Johnson was a 10th round pick in our 12-man league, and I don't think you can go wrong with that.
- DEF/ST Cleveland - The Browns' defense looked impressive in the third preseason game and are an intriguing unit to take, especially with the soft schedule they face in the first three weeks. Also, if your league includes special teams here, WR Travis Benjamin appears to be "back" and had a punt return touchdown during the preseason.
SIT EVERYBODY ELSE
Everybody else on the team should be week-to-week decisions and are not worth long-term roster spots. For the record, the other members of the Browns drafted in our 12-man DBN fantasy league included:
- RB Terrance West (10th round, after Johnson)
- WR Andrew Hawkins (13th round)
Which players did you draft in your fantasy leagues from the Browns?