- "Undaunted by challenge, Hue Jackson takes on Browns" (AP) - "Seated on the dais next to his new boss, Browns coach Hue Jackson was reminded that owner Jimmy Haslam recently claimed it may take several years to fix his football team."
- "Haslam On Latest Head Coach Hire: 'Hopefully The Third Time’s The Charm'" (92.3) - "Jimmy Haslam has done this twice before. He hopes he won’t have to do it again for a very long time. With his wife Dee sitting a few feet away, Haslam was all smiles..."
- "Jackson's hire could impact the return of Cleveland Browns receiver Josh Gordon" (Plain Dealer) - "Former baseball pitchers Tom Glavine and Gregg Maddux gave Nike the slogan: 'Chicks dig the longball.' You know who else does? New Browns coach Hue Jackson."
- "PFF's award for best offensive lineman: Joe Thomas No .1" (PFF) - "This year, the brief monopoly on the Bruce Matthews Award for guards is broken by Joe Thomas, who earned the second highest single-season grade of his career in 2015..."
- "Roethlisberger limited, Antonio Brown still out" (PFT) - "The injury update for the Steelers on Thursday doesn’t look all that different on the offensive side of the ball than it did on Wednesday."
- "49ers hire Chip Kelly as next head coach" (CBS) - "The 49ers made a splash on Thursday afternoon, hiring Chip Kelly as their next head coach. Owner Jed York announced the move on Twitter..."
- "Buccaneers promoting OC Dirk Koetter to head coach" (NFL.com) - "Dirk Koetter is the new man in Tampa. NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Thursday that the Buccaneers are set to make Koetter the team's new coach."
- "Giants hire Ben McAdoo to replace Coughlin" (AP) - "Ben McAdoo needed two seasons to fix the New York Giants offense. His job now is to get the franchise back on track."