Today, the Browns are at home to take on the Steelers in Week 17. Here are some nuggets about Sunday's contest, as well as how you can watch or listen to the game.
Game Time/Date: Sunday, January 3, 2015 at 1:00 PM ET
Location: FirstEnergy Stadium, Cleveland, OH
TV Channel: CBS - Greg Gumbel (play-by-play) &(analyst)
Local Radio: 92.3 The Fan (WKRK-FM), ESPN 850 WKNR, WNCX (98.5 FM)
Online streaming: NFL Game Pass
Weather: 33 degrees (feels like 23). 15% chain of snow. Winds from WNW 16 MPH.
Odds: Steelers by 11 points.
Fans in the blue areas will get to watch the Browns play on TV this week:
Predict the Score:
- The Browns need 84 passing yards to reach 4,000 passing yards this season. It would mark the fifth time (1980, 1981, 1986 and 2013) in team history that the team reached that mark. If Cleveland also runs for 57 yards, it will be the fourth time in team history that the club threw for 4,000 yards and rushed for 1,500 yards in the same season (1980, 1981 and 1986).
- With 23 receiving yards from TE Gary Barnidge and 87 from WR Travis Benjamin, it would be the second time in team history that two players recorded 1,000-yard receiving seasons in the same year. It has previously only been accomplished in 2007 by TE Kellen Winslow and WR Braylon Edwards.
- TE Gary Barnidge needs one receiving touchdown to outright hold the Browns’ record for most touchdown receptions by a tight end in a season. He is currently tied with Ozzie Newsome who had nine in 1979.
- The Browns will wear their brown-tops, white-pants, brown-socks uniform combination.
- These teams last met on November 15, 2015, with the Steelers winning 30-9 in Pittsburgh. QB Ben Roethlisberger came in relief of the injured QB Landry Jones to throw for 379 yards and 3 touchdowns as he torched the Browns' secondary. The Browns got a 7-yard touchdown pass to TE Gary Barnidge in the fourth quarter as QB Johnny Manziel threw for a career-high 372 yards.
- We will have our first quarter game day thread ready at 11:30 AM ET on Sunday, along with plenty of in-game and post-game analysis.