- "Kessler doing better, has eyes on 1st matchup vs. Marcus Mariota" (Browns.com) - "The pain has eased in Cody Kessler’s chest and ribs. It’s still there and probably won’t completely disappear anytime soon, but the rookie quarterback views it as manageable as he prepares for his fourth start of the season at Tennessee."
- "Josh McCown plans to play Sunday" (WKYC) - "With the injury in his non-throwing shoulder healing up well, McCown will resume practicing this week, and if all goes well in preparations for Sunday’s game against the Tennessee Titans at Nissan Stadium, he could very well be under center for the first time in a month."
- "Terrelle Pryor Is Actually a Really, Really Good Wide Receiver" (numberFire) - "In other words, Pryor has been an above-average wideout so far this season despite the fact that his quarterbacks have played below the norm. That's why he's now considered irreplaceable."
- "To really start changing their losing culture, the Browns need a win ... and soon" (C-T) - "A must-win for an 0-5 team doesn’t exist. The game Sunday in Tennessee comes about as close as you can get for the Browns. The schedule only grows more difficult as the daylight disappears, and the Titans are one of three opponents"
- "Sources: Colin Kaepernick can choose to be free agent after year (ESPN) - "The 49ers and Colin Kaepernick have signed a restructuring of the quarterback's deal, wiping out the final four years and turning it into a two-year contract..."
- "Jamaal Charles 'ready to let the training wheels off'" (CBS) - "Jamaal Charles certainly sounds like he's back. Ten days after his season debut, which resulted in two carries and seven yards, Charles hinted that he'll see a heavier workload..."
- "Newton limited in practice, still in concussion protocol" (NFL.com) - "The Panthers franchise quarterback was limited in his return to practice Wednesday as he continued to work through concussion protocol, coach Ron Rivera said."
- "Dez Bryant on practice field for Cowboys (PFT) - "Bryant has not participated in practices over the last two weeks after suffering a hairline fracture in his knee during the team’s Week Three victory over the Bears."