- There are four players who are officially ruled out for the Browns: QB Josh McCown (shoulder), WR Corey Coleman (hand), TE Randall Telfer (ankle), and TE Seth DeValve. In addition, LG Joel Bitonio (foot) was placed on injured reserve. The biggest news among the players “out” is the fact that McCown isn’t ready yet. QB Cody Kessler will start with QB Kevin Hogan serving as his backup.
- There are four players listed as questionable for the Browns: TE Gary Barnidge, DL Xavier Cooper, CB Joe Haden, and CB Tramon Williams. Barnidge was limited all week, but the expectation is that he’ll be able to play. With Williams practicing in full on Thursday and Friday, he should return to action as well.
- The main concern comes with Haden, who suffered a groin injury on Thursday that is unrelated to the one he had earlier this year. He was held out of practice on Friday and the coaching staff is optimistic that he will play, but we know how these things usually go. Cooper did not practice all week with a shoulder injury, so it wouldn’t be a surprise if he was inactive and DL Gabe Wright was up this week.
- C Cameron Erving is back and will start at center this week. LT Joe Thomas (knee) did not practice Wednesday or Thursday, but he was a full participant on Friday and will start.
- The Titans have one player out: NT Al Woods, a rotational player up front.