- "Art Briles' brief guest stint with the Cleveland Browns is over" (Plain Dealer) - "Former Baylor coach Art Briles' brief guest stint with the Browns is over. Briles, who came in last week as a guest of Hue Jackson to offer some insight on the offense, is no longer with the team."
- "Terrelle Pryor, Browns begin 'very preliminary' talks on new deal" (ESPN) - "Amid his breakout season as a wide receiver, Terrelle Pryor and the Cleveland Browns have begun ‘very preliminary’ discussions on securing him to a long-term contract, a source told ESPN."
- "Jackson dials down Cody Kessler hype but is still encouraged" (ABJ) - "Browns coach Hue Jackson amended a comment he made earlier this week about rookie quarterback Cody Kessler. On Monday, Jackson said Kessler ‘is playing as good as I have had in a long time.’"
- "Eddie Lacy (ankle) to undergo surgery, be placed on injured reserve" (SI.com) - "Green Bay Packers running back Eddie Lacy's ankle injury will require surgery and he will be placed on the team's injured reserve, the team announced."
- "McCoy will be 'game-time decision' Sunday" (AP) - "LeSean McCoy was healthy enough to at least watch part of practice from the sideline Thursday, though it's unclear whether the Buffalo Bills top offensive threat can play..."
- "Giants owner: No decision yet on Josh Brown's future" (NFL.com) - "Mara said the Giants were comfortable with their initial decision to abide by the one-game suspension levied by the NFL following a 10-month investigation this past year."
- "Roethlisberger appears to get kicked by Suh, leading Steelers to file complaint" (CBS) - "The Steelers quarterback also has a sore right leg thanks to an apparent kick that he took from Ndamukong Suh during the fourth quarter..."
- "Chip Kelly won’t be leaving the 49ers . . . voluntarily" (PFT) - "In his first year with the 49ers after three-and-out in Philly, rumors of a return to college football already are percolating regarding Kelly, fueled by his 1-5 record."