- "Joe Thomas hopes Browns don't trade him" (AP) - "Joe Thomas has taken his share of lumps with the Cleveland Browns. He is willing to absorb many more. The six-time All-Pro left tackle expressed his strong desire to remain with the team..."
- "Will Josh McCown make his return on Sunday?" (DPD) - "The team released its first injury report for Sunday’s game against the New York Jets, and for the first time since he was injured in Week 2, quarterback Josh McCown was a full participant in practice."
- "Analytics says Browns' best chance for a win is Sunday vs. Jets" (ESPN) - "They're not favored, and their chances to win are less than 50-50. But if the Cleveland Browns are to end their winless season, Sunday would seem to be the game."
- "Injuries in English: Terrelle Pryor and the dreaded hamstring" (OBR) - "So often we hear of players throughout the league who are beleaguered with the dreaded hamstring injury. The injury that never seems to get better..."
- "No merit to trade rumors for Bears WR Alshon Jeffery" (NFL.com) - "Teams in the market for a veteran wide receiver in advance of the Nov. 1 trade deadline shouldn't count on Chicago Bears impending free agent Alshon Jeffery as a realistic option."
- "Bills warn Patriots about another pregame scuffle" (CBS) - "The last time the Bills and Patriots took the field together, the Bills walloped the Tom Brady-less Patriots for a 16-0 win. That wasn't the only strange part."
- "Cam Newton: Running is my edge, I’m not going to give it up" (PFT) - "When Panthers quarterback Cam Newton met the media after the team’s Week Six loss to the Saints, he cut the session off after 90 seconds."
- "Dolphins RB Arian Foster announces retirement after latest injury" (SI.com) - "Miami Dolphins running back Arian Foster has announced his retirement after suffering another lower body soft-tissue injury."