- "Hope shines through the gloom of another agonizing Cleveland Browns loss" (MJ) - "The Browns have lost 22 of their last 25 games. Defeat No. 22 in the long, long drought, as did many before it, came in an agonizing, ‘If only,’ ‘What was he thinking?’ way on the first Sunday in October."
- "Duke Johnson's recovered fumble ends up going to Redskins" (ESPN) - "The Cleveland Browns felt certain that Duke Johnson recovered his fumble with 9:32 left in the Browns' 31-20 loss to Washington. The officials decided otherwise. So the Browns were left to grumble about three costly turnovers..."
- "CLE-WAS grades: Rushing game pushes Redskins past Browns" (PFF) - "Although Kessler connected on 77.8 percent of his aimed passes, this figure is deceiving, as the average depth of his targets was just 5.3 yards against Washington. It seemed like the Browns’ risk-averse game plan was designed..."
- "Browns vs. Redskins highlights" (NFL.com) - "The Cleveland Browns take on the Washington Redskins in Week 4 of NFL action." - VIDEO
- "NFL Week 4 injury roundup: Cam Newton, Kevin White exit" (SI.com) - "More notably, Panthers quarterback Cam Newton headed to the locker room after a big hit. His status is unknown."
- "NFL referee drops profanity after leaving mic on during timeout" (ESPN) - "NFL referee Pete Morelli spoke a profanity into a live microphone Sunday, as he asserted that a big hit could quickly shift..."
- "Julio Jones proves he's ridiculous with a 75-yard TD to reach 300 yards" (CBS) - "What kind of day has it been? Well, how does 12 catches for 300 yards and a touchdown sound? Yes, you read that correctly."
- "Bill Belichick’s postgame press conference was classic Bill Belichick" (PFT) - "There was nothing specific about Bill Belichick’s postgame press conference following his first shutout loss..."