- "Hue Jackson defends head of football operations Sashi Brown" (ABJ) - "Jackson rushed to the rescue of Sashi Brown on Thursday. Brown, the team’s head of football operations who controls its 53-man roster, has been criticized..."
- "Kessler has moved on from benching: 'You can't play scared, timid'" (Plain Dealer) - "Cody Kessler won't be looking over his shoulder against the Steelers on Sunday for the big hook from Hue Jackson."
- "Browns Film Room: Lack of big plays not all on Kessler" (WFNY) - "The Cleveland Browns lost their tenth game of the season on Thursday, falling to the Baltimore Ravens, 28-7. The team once again played a game of halfs."
- "Likelihood of a Browns 0-16 season is increasing" (ESPN) - "Cleveland Browns chances' to finish winless have increased. ESPN's Analytics say the Browns have just barely better than a one-in-three chance to win any of their remaining six games."
- "Deal set to dismiss domestic assault case against Manziel" (AP) - "Johnny Manziel has reached a deal with prosecutors for the conditional dismissal of a domestic assault case involving his former girlfriend."
- "After five games without forcing a turnover, Jaguars near a record" (PFT) - "The Jacksonville Jaguars’ defense can set a dubious record on Sunday if they fail to force a turnover. Jacksonville hasn’t forced a turnover in any of its last five games..."
- "Tony Romo reportedly asked Cowboys for chance to win back job" (CBS) - "Romo made those remarks on Tuesday in what amounted to a concession speech that recognized rookie Dak Prescott as the Cowboys' starting quarterback."
- "Injuries: Rob Gronkowski sits out Patriots practice" (NFL.com) - "The star tight end didn't practice as he continues to heal from a perforated lung he suffered in Sunday night's nail-biter of a loss to the Seahawks."