Here is your Week 11 NFL rooting guide that would help Cleveland’s chances of finishing with higher draft picks.
Outlook on the Browns’ own pick
Nothing that the Browns needed to happen last week actually happened, with respect to other games.
Cleveland currently holds the No. 1 overall pick in the 2017 draft because they are the only winless team at 0-10. For the purpose of this article, we’ll only count teams with one or two wins as threats to that pick. SOS numbers come from SB Nation, where the SOS is forecasted to the end of the season.
- The San Francisco 49ers remain the biggest threat to the Browns, but not as much as last week. Last week, the 49ers’ SOS was .512, while the Browns’ SOS was .527. This week, the 49ers’ SOS is .521, and the Browns’ is .528. Unfortunately, San Francisco hosts New England this week, and I don’t think there’s a single person on the planet who thinks the 49ers have a glimmer of hope in that one.
- The Chicago Bears and Jacksonville Jaguars each have two wins. The Bears face the Giants on the road this week, while the Jaguars are on the road against the Lions. We’d like for Chicago and Jacksonville to win, but both of them are underdogs.
Heading into this week:
- The Titans have a 5-5 record and the No. 17 pick. Cleveland has their second-round pick, which would be around No. 49, which is five spots worse than last week. The Titans play the Indianapolis Colts on the road this week. We’re rooting for the Titans to lose every week.
- The Eagles have a 5-4 record and the No. 20 pick, down one spot from a week ago. Cleveland has their first-round pick. Philadelphia faces the Seattle Seahawks on the road this week, and I’m not giving them much of a chance. We’re rooting for the Eagles to lose every week.
Week 11 Rooting Guide Summary
In a best-case scenario for Cleveland’s draft position, we want the following to happen:
- Seattle Seahawks defeat Philadelphia Eagles
- Indianapolis Colts defeat Tennessee Titans
- Chicago Bears defeat New York Giants
- Jacksonville Jaguars defeat Detroit Lions
- San Francisco 49ers defeat New England Patriots
Pittsburgh beating Cleveland would help our draft position, but I refuse to say that I’m rooting for that.