- "McCown will start vs. Giants with Cody Kessler in concussion protocol" (Plain Dealer) - "Hue Jackson named McCown the starter on Monday with rookie Cody Kessler in the concussion protocol from his second concussion in 29 days."
- "McCown aims to solve protection, turnover problems when he starts" (ABJ) - "Josh McCown didn’t play much in Sunday’s 24-9 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers, but he took a lot of blame."
- "Playing QB for the Cleveland Browns isn’t safe" (DPD) - "It’s beginning to get more and more difficult to watch the Cleveland Browns play football. Not just because the team is 0-11 and is on pace to go down as the worst team in NFL history..."
- "Browns trying to stay united as season tears them apart" (AP) - "Hue Jackson has run out of pep talks. At this point, there's only so much he can do to stop this dismal season from an even deeper descent."
- "A.J. Green out this week, not ruled out for season" (PFT) - "After wide receiver A.J. Green hurt his hamstring in Sunday’s loss to the Bills, word from the team was that they feared he would miss the rest of the season with a tear in the muscle."
- "Jay Cutler reportedly could miss the rest of the season" (CBS) - "According to the Chicago Tribune, quarterback Jay Cutler suffered a shoulder injury against the Giants on Sunday that could sideline him for the rest of the season."
- "Adrian Peterson closer to return from knee injury" (ESPN) - "Peterson had an exam late last week and could start running this week. Although the three-time rushing champion is said to be exercising caution in his return..."
- "Bruce Arians released from hospital" (NFL.com) - "Arians was hospitalized earlier this year after dealing with symptoms associated with Diverticulitis, a condition which affects the digestive tract."