- "Terrelle Pryor hoping for fewer double teams" (C-T) - "The winless Browns are desperate for something to jump-start their season. They’re hoping rookie receiver Corey Coleman can be that something."
- "Jamie Collins will play a lot vs. Cowboys and possibly start" (Plain Dealer) - "Jamie Collins has only been with the Browns for two days, but Hue Jackson said he'll play a lot Sunday against the 6-1 Cowboys."
- "Browns set universal standard in search for 1st win" (Browns.com) - "The Browns might be brimming with rookies, but they won’t lean on that as an excuse as they search for their first win this season."
- "Alvin Bailey pleads no contest, found guilty of operating vehicle impaired" (Ohio.com) - "Bailey pleaded no contest to operating a vehicle impaired and was found guilty Thursday morning in North Royalton Mayor's Court..."
- "NFL exploring whether to add eighth official" (NFL.com) - "NFL's head of officiating says the league is exploring whether it should add an eighth official in an effort aimed at improving quarterback safety."
- "Aqib Talib missed practice to get second opinion on back injury" (CBS) - "Talib missed that day's practice because he went to California to get a second opinion on the injury."
- "One day later, no one is talking about why Norv quit" (PFT) - "More than a day later, it’s still not clear why Norv walked away. No one is talking. No one. Those who are in a position to know aren’t saying a word."
- "Richard Sherman: NFL not allowing players to entertain" (ESPN) - "Richard Sherman was asked Thursday if he had a theory about why the NFL is experiencing declining TV ratings."