- "Where does Cody Kessler stand among rookie quarterbacks?" (WFNY) - "The on field performance of Wentz might someday match the tools, measurables, and press clippings, but the Browns front office looks less foolish..."
- "Where's the deep ball with Kessler?" (OBR) - "Cody Kessler has checked off several of the boxes as to what it takes to be a successful NFL quarterback in his six NFL starts. Accuracy--Check. Completing 67.5 percent of his passes..."
- "Cam Erving says his future's at center" (C-T) - "Cameron Erving is more than halfway through his second season but still hasn’t been able to settle in. Coach Hue Jackson said last week Erving could be moved to tackle..."
- "Browns have mixed opinions about playing on Thursday night" (MJ) - "The Browns, because they were one of the worst teams in the league in 2015, have one token appearance on prime-time television this year..."
- "Jerry Jones doesn't seem sure who will start once Tony Romo is healthy" (CBS) - "Jones hasn't really had to give a solid answer because there was never any question about who would start between Dak Prescott and Tony Romo."
- "Two questionable hits on Cam Newton deemed legal" (ESPN) - "The NFL's preliminary review of two questionable hits by Los Angeles Rams defenders on Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton have determined that neither was clearly a violation..."
- "Vikings stick with Blair Walsh after trying out kickers" (NFL.com) - "Blair Walsh's job is safe. The Vikings have chosen against making a change at the kicker position and will stick with the embattled Walsh..."
- "Early returns show Chargers stadium measure is failing miserably" (PFT) - "With 15 percent of the vote counted — all from absentee voters — the proposal to publicly fund a new stadium in San Diego is on track to fail miserably."