- "Browns need to hire a football GM and give him final say over the roster" (Plain Dealer) - "Haslam has no plans to fire anyone after this season, but if he wants to turn his floundering franchise around, he needs to hire an accomplished football GM..."
- "This season is miserable, but the Browns' plan to rebuild can work" (ESPN) - "To think the Cleveland Browns are not burdened by their past would be ignoring reality. The team's massive struggles since 1999 magnify its present struggles..."
- "Terrelle Pryor's big-play hopes could be holding him back" (C-T) - "Terrelle Pryor has a problem. He thinks he can score every time he touches the ball. Pryor has been outstanding in his conversion to receiver but admitted he needs to be better..."
- "Do these numbers tell the full story of the 2016 Browns?" (WKNR) - "As the Browns rest their weary bones, we break down some pertinent numbers from their historic (so far) 0-12 season. You decide whether they are lies, damned lies or statistics."
- "NFL will reportedly hire as many as 17 full-time officials for the 2017 season" (CBS) - "Expanding the game-day crews from seven to eight raises the question of where the new official will stand and what his or her responsibilities will be."
- "Rob Gronkowski to have surgery, set to miss rest of '16" (NFL.com) - "The tight end will undergo back surgery on Friday for a herniated disk and be out several weeks..."
- "Jay Cutler having shoulder surgery, going on injured reserve" (PFT) - "Cutler is headed to injured reserve and that he will have surgery to repair the labrum in his shoulder after exhausting other options."
- "Ex-NFL player Joe McKnight killed in argument with motorist" (AP) - "Former NFL player Joe McKnight was shot to death Thursday following an argument at an intersection with another motorist."