- "Joe Haden says he'll have postseason groin surgery" (Browns.com) - "Joe Haden will have groin surgery after the season, the Browns veteran cornerback told reporters Friday afternoon."
- "Will this be RG3's last start for Browns?" (OBR) - "Will this be RG3's last shot to convince the Browns front office that he is the answer at quarterback or will Hue Jackson turn to Cody Kessler in relief to get the Browns a win?"
- "Mario Alford provides spark in return game" (Plain Dealer) - "With a shade under 10 minutes left in the first half last Sunday, Mario Alford watched a punt bounce in front of him at about the Cleveland 28."
- "As another losing season winds down, Josh McCown ponders his future" (WKNR) - "End of line?: Something caught Josh McCown's eye as he watched the Ohio State-Michigan game on Nov. 26."
- "Spring league kicking off 4-team, 3-week development plan" (ESPN) - "The NFL on Thursday notified its 32 teams of a spring development league that will operate in April 2017 and will work with NFL veterans who do not have contracts."
- "Injuries: Justin Houston (swollen knee) didn't practice" (NFL.com) - "Houston has been dealing with a swollen knee this week and missed his second straight practice. Chiefs coach Andy Reid characterized the swelling as normal on Wednesday..."
- "AP sources: Beckham Jr. fined for Sager-inspired cleats" (AP) - "New York Giants receiver Odell Beckham Jr. has been fined $18,000 by the NFL for wearing unapproved cleats against Detroit, two people familiar with the fine tell The Associated Press."
- "Sorry, Zeke, but top NFL prospects skipping bowls is smart" (CBS) - "As a former sports agent, it's clear that Fournette and McCaffrey made smart business decisions. It's too much of a risk to gamble with their high draft status to play..."