- "Projected 2017 Draft Order - Browns clinging to top" (ESPN) - "And here we are, almost to Week 17, when NFL (draft) dreams are made. It is time for every non-playoff team -- and there will be 20 of them, like it or not -- to stake its claim for the highest 2017 draft position possible."
- "End of losing streak leaves Browns’ Joe Thomas looking for somebody to hug" (ABJ) - "After the Browns’ previously winless season ended with a 20-17 victory over the San Diego Chargers on Saturday in FirstEnergy Stadium, the player who has suffered the longest as a member of the struggling franchise was overcome with happiness."
- "Victory Scribbles: One win really does matter to this team" (Plain Dealer) - "I received some emails from fans who liked the idea of a parade for a 0-16 team as a form of protest against the franchise. I understand the frustration, but I just think a parade for an 0-16 team would have become another national joke on Cleveland -- even if fans have other motives behind it."
- "Ravens LB Terrell Suggs says he's not considering retirement" (ESPN) - "Suggs, who will turn 35 during next season, seemed insulted when a reporter suggested he would consider retirement."
- "AFC playoff picture: Contenders after Carr injury" (NFL.com) - "This memorable Christmas weekend of games settled the AFC playoff field faster than anyone could have expected in a season full of tight games and a fat middle class of teams."
- "The Highs and the Lows of the NFL’s Holiday Weekend" (MMQB) - "From Antonio Brown’s season-saving stretch to Derek Carr’s nightmare fracture, Week 16 ran the gamut of emotions. Here’s a look at everything that went down, plus playoff scenarios, the 2017 draft race and more"