- "Cold, hard reality awaits Browns after emotional release of first win" (ESPN) - "As the Browns evaluate him, the reality is that he has started four games and left two with significant injuries after being hit while running. Needs remain all over the roster."
- "Jamie Meder came up hard way, remembers Ashland roots" (Plain Dealer) - "There was a ding on Lee Owens' cellphone. The Ashland University football coach clicked on a message from a friend, a link to the New York Times."
- "SD-CLE grades: Browns hold off Chargers for first win" (PFF) - "The Browns QB was 6-of-8 on pass attempts under pressure for 52 yards, while completing only 1 of his 5 pass attempts down the field of 20 yards or more for 21 yards."
- "Browns donating $10,000 to food bank after parade cancelled" (AP) - "Organizers said the money from the parade fund would be given to the food bank. And on Tuesday, the Browns said they would match the $10,000 raised by fans."
- "Bills fire coach Rex Ryan ahead of last game of season" (AP) - "Rex Ryan's inability to back up his boasts of building a bully — particularly on defense — in Buffalo led to the Bills firing their high-profile coach one game short of completing his second full season."
- "Source: Marvin Lewis won't retire, plans to coach Bengals next year" (ESPN) - "Marvin Lewis intends to return to the Cincinnati Bengals in 2017, a source close to Lewis told ESPN's Ed Werder, disputing a report that the longtime coach will retire at the end of this season."
- "Bill Belichick doesn't sound like he's resting the Patriots starter" (CBS) - "After watching the dreams of the Raiders and Titans sink with quarterback injuries in Week 16, every playoff team has to be weighing the same question: To rest or not rest starters in the regular season finale?"
- "Injuries: Tyron Smith, Luke Kuechly to miss Week 17" (NFL.com) - "Dallas got a scare, and will be without Tyron Smith in Week 17. But that's the worst of the news. Smith suffered an MCL sprain after getting cut down at the knee in the Cowboys' win over the Lions on Monday night..."