- "Greco reveals he might need Lisfranc foot surgery, a year-long rehab" (Plain Dealer) - "You know it's a star-crossed season for the Browns when one of their starting guards gets a scooter as a hand-me-down from the other."
- "RG3 to start, but will it give the Browns a spark?" (OBR) - "It's back to the future. One of the best kept secrets will come to fruition as Robert Griffin III has officially been named the Browns starting quarterback for Sunday's game..."
- "Browns working on deal to move training camp to Columbus in 2018" (C-T) - "The Browns are working with the city of Columbus on a deal to move most of training camp two hours south. The shift is expected to happen in 2018..."
- "What’s the real deal with the Browns Perfect Season Parade?" (WFNY) - "It seems the only thing more controversial than a bad football team threatening to lose all their games is a group of fans threatening to have a parade to celebrate the non-accomplishment."
- "Johnny Manziel really doesn't want Lamar Jackson to play for the Browns" (CBS) - "Manziel, the former Heisman Trophy winner, was the latest in a long line of potential franchise quarterbacks to fail in Cleveland..."
- "Cam Newton calls speculation on benching 'falsified stories'" (ESPN) - "Cam Newton called speculation over why he was benched for the first series of Sunday's loss at Seattle 'falsified stories.'"
- "Ezekiel Elliott investigation still 'active and ongoing'" (PFT) - "In the never-ending NFL news cycle, stories bubble up before being pushed to a rear burner, forgotten until the next time the lid begins to softly rattle against the rim of the pot."
- "Injury roundup: Julio Jones (turf toe) sits out practice" (NFL.com) - "Julio Jones still isn't practicing. The Falcons' star wideout took part in Thursday's walkthrough but didn't participate in team drills as he deals with a turf toe injury."