- "Browns don’t dump Johnny Manziel at first chance, holding out hope for a trade" (C-T) - "Johnny Manziel is still the Browns’ problem. For a little while longer. The team declined to release the troubled quarterback Wednesday at the start of the new league year..."
- "Players, agents unhappy with how Browns doing business" (CBS) - "The Browns, as they often do, cleaned house this offseason, firing another front office and coaching staff. And they're days (hours?) away from jettisoning another first-round quarterback bust."
- "Reliance on Josh Gordon may grow" (Plain Dealer) - "If Browns fans were hoping to grow less reliant on the oft-suspended Josh Gordon, those plans went by the wayside quicker than Travis Benjamin turning the corner on a punt return."
- "Losing season after losing season had to affect Alex Mack's decision" (ESPN) - "This is a fact: The Cleveland Browns went 29-72 in the games that Alex Mack started. This is also a fact: Mack went to the Pro Bowl in two of the past three seasons."
- "NFL strips Chiefs of two draft picks for tampering with Jeremy Maclin" (PFT) - "The Chiefs’ pursuit of wide receiver Jeremy Maclin in free agency last year has proven to be costly. The NFL announced today that the Chiefs were found to have tampered..."
- "Kaepernick, RGIII, Glennon options for Broncos at QB" (NFL.com) - "The 2015 Denver Broncos proved to be one of the rare NFL teams with a roster strong enough to carry a pair of subpar quarterbacks to the Super Bowl title."
- "Peyton Manning Had A Hall Of Fame Career. Then He Had Another One." (538) - "He’s retiring from football after 17 NFL seasons. You don’t need fancy stats to tell you that Manning is one of the greatest quarterbacks in NFL history, if not the greatest."
- "NFL free agent tracker: What we know now" (USA TODAY) - "NFL free agents began switching teams at 4 p.m. ET Wednesday, when their 2015 contracts officially expired and the new league year began. However agents have been negotiating with other clubs..."