- "Former Browns safety confused by team's free agency plans" (AP) - "The Browns' decision to let four key players leave as free agents left one of them dumbfounded. Former Pro Bowl safety Tashaun Gipson, who signed with Jacksonville on Wednesday..."
- "The Cleveland Browns are worse today. Period." (WFNY) - "I can’t begin to apologize or make excuses for the Cleveland Browns anymore. I’ve been there. I’ve looked for the positives. I’ve tried to borrow that marketing phrase that adorned Cleveland Indians commercials for two years: 'What if?'"
- "Browns saved $140 million on first day" (WKYC) - "The Browns were a 3-13 football team with those four players. Do you really think they make you a better team at a price of $140 million? I don't. Moneyball takes time." - VIDEO
- "Eyes of the NFL will be locked on Ohio State’s massive Pro Day" (Browns.com) - "While free agency has stolen the spotlight of late, the Browns and other teams across the NFL continue to work toward the draft in April, carefully inspecting players across the country..."
- "Best fit for Kaepernick: Broncos, Browns, or Jets?" (PFF) - "Trade rumors are heating up for San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, a sign of desperation around the league, as well as intrigue in a reclamation project. Make no mistake, Kaepernick has regressed..."
- "Teams without sustainable QBs are in full panic mode" (CBS) - "Colin Kaepernick is now a hot commodity, going from bench to maybe quarterbacking the Super Bowl champions."
- "Seven riskiest signings of NFL free agency so far" (NFL.com) - "After an insane first day of free agency, things calmed down considerably around the NFL on Thursday."
- "With DeMarco Murray, Marcus Mariota will be under center more, which is fine" (ESPN) - "Coach Mike Mularkey's offense figures to fit new running back DeMarco Murray, who has done his best work as an I-formation back taking handoffs from a quarterback dropping back from under center."