- "Here's why a Colin Kaepernick trade is reportedly being held up" (CBS) - "San Francisco is one of four teams with a major quarterback need, and the other three are interested in acquiring the guy the 49ers have on the roster."
- "Trying to make sense of the Cleveland Browns' pursuit of Colin Kaepernick" (Plain Dealer) - "Adam Schefter's tweet about Colin Kaepernick wanting to play for the Browns created excitement and confusion Friday morning. Was it a fake Twitter account?"
- "Johnny Manziel clears waivers after Browns cut him" (NFL.com) - "Johnny Manziel, a freewheeling quarterback once thought to be the savior of Browns football in Cleveland, but who ended up succumbing to a litany of off-the-field problems..."
- "The rise and fall of Johnny Manziel with the Browns was stunning on both ends" (WKNR) - "Johnny Manziel began his Cleveland Browns career as a larger-than-life character and ended it simply as a caricature."
- "Visits tracker: Mike Wallace meeting with Ravens" (NFL.com) - "The Ravens are seeking veteran help for their shallow wide receiver corps. Former Minnesota Vikings speedster Mike Wallace is visiting Baltimore on Monday..."
- "Broncos reluctant to pay price for Ryan Fitzpatrick, per sources" (ESPN) - "The Broncos have reached out to free agent Ryan Fitzpatrick's representatives, sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter, though Denver currently is unwilling..."
- "Accomplished Dak Prescott breaks the No. 1 rule in the NFL Draft process" (CBS) - "The No. 1 rule for NFL prospects during the draft process: don't get in trouble. But year after year, players slip and make mistakes..."
- "High-end quarterbacks should be clamoring to set the bar higher" (PFT) - "Four years ago, when Saints quarterback Drew Brees became the first quarterback with a $20 million annual salary, the salary cap allowed for $120.6 million..."