- "Report: Johnny Manziel might not get cut by the Browns this week" (CBS) - "The Johnny Manziel circus might not be leaving Cleveland just yet. Although the Browns have spent the past six weeks hinting that Manziel would be released..."
- "Browns Needs Are Many But Plan Isn’t To Spend Big In Free Agency" (92.3) - "It’s simply not how the new Harvard brain trust of Paul DePodesta, Sashi Brown and Andrew Berry, along with head coach Hue Jackson, plan to overhaul this roster from top to bottom..."
- "Jeremiah: Browns' QB options not limited to draft" (NFL.com) - "For all the signs that point to the Cleveland Browns taking a quarterback with the No. 2 overall pick of the 2016 NFL Draft, the right one for the club might not even be in the draft at all."
- "Former executives of Haslam-owned chain get 2017 trial date" (AP) - "The former president of the company owned by Cleveland Browns owner Jimmy Haslam and Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam will face trial next year along with seven others on charges they conspired to cheat customers..."
- "It's official: Lions announce that Calvin Johnson has retired" (CBS) - "It's official: Calvin Johnson has retired after a stellar nine-year career. The Lions made the announcement on Tuesday morning."
- "Mario Williams agrees to two-year deal with Dolphins" (ESPN) - "Defensive end Mario Williams has agreed to a two-year contract with the Miami Dolphins, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter."
- "Malik Jackson to join Jacksonville Jaguars" (NFL.com) - "Defensive end Malik Jackson, fresh off a Super Bowl title with Denver, has agreed to terms on a six-year, $90 million deal with the Jacksonville Jaguars..."
- "Still no Seahawks roster move on Marshawn Lynch" (PFT) - "The two high-profile players whose retirement decisions weren’t known until recently are both officially on the reserve/retired list."