- "Eagles could reportedly trade for No. 2 overall after missing out on No. 1" (CBS) - "The Tennessee Titans and Los Angeles Rams cemented a blockbuster trade Thursday morning that sent the No. 1 overall pick in the 2016 NFL Draft to the Rams and a slew of other picks back to the Titans."
- "Trade for top pick simplifies Browns decision" (OBR) - "With the trade by the Los Angeles Rams and the Tennessee Titans for the Rams to move all the way from No. 15 in the NFL Draft to the top spot, there is no question the Rams have their eyes set on taking a quarterback."
- "Cleveland Browns fallout after Titans-Rams trade" (WFNY) - "It’s really kind of interesting that a team that was so secure in their ideals about draft value and trading picks could now find themselves in the position to trade a ton of picks to move up and presumably take a QB."
- "Rosenhaus: 'Josh Gordon had a temporary setback but I'm confident'" (Plain Dealer) - "Drew Rosenhaus said Wednesday night that Josh Gordon has had a 'hiccup' and a 'temporary setback' in his bid to return to the NFL, but that he's ready to do so."
- "Rams leaning toward picking Jared Goff; Carson Wentz also an option" (ESPN) - "The Los Angeles Rams are leaning toward making Cal quarterback Jared Goff the top overall pick after acquiring the selection Thursday from the Tennessee Titans..."
- "NBC, CBS, NFL Network, Twitter divvy up Thursday Night Football" (PFT) - "The NFL has released the full list of games on the 2016 Thursday Night Football schedule — a schedule that also includes two Saturday games and two Sunday games..."
- "Bye, Brick: Jets' retired Ferguson bares heart in send-off" (AP) - "D'Brickashaw Ferguson vividly remembers his heart being questioned when he was just 9 years old. There were serious concerns by his mother and father, as well as the doctors who were treating the young patient..."
- "Percy Harvin informs Buffalo Bills he's retiring" (NFL.com) - "The free-agent wide receiver has informed the Buffalo Bills of his decision to retire, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported, via a source informed of Harvin's thinking."