The NFL Draft might be ending, but the fun hasn't ended yet. The media, along with the players themselves, are about to start reporting on the undrafted free agents who teams are trying to sign. Listed below will be players who have been rumored to have been contacted and signed by the Browns. Also, use this as an open thread to discuss any players we sign, or who you want signed.
The Browns had 66 players on their roster heading into the draft, and they drafted 14 players and acquired 1 player via trade. With 81 players total, the maximum they are allowed to have is 90 players. Therefore, the Browns could try to sign at least 9 players tonight, but will also invite a lot of others to rookie minicamp for tryouts. Rookie minicamp for the Browns will take place from May 13-15.
List of Cleveland Browns Undrafted Free Agents or Tryouts
Note: Until the Browns do a press release in a few days, none of these are officially confirmed. Some of them will just be tryouts. We used to have separate sections denoting signed vs. tryout, but the truth is it's too hard to tell these days. Sometimes, players have handshake deals with teams, only to sign with another team. It is a crapshoot.
Refresh often, as we will be updating this thread as news comes out.
- RB Paul James - Rutgers - 6-0, 206 lbs. (Source) Tryout
- FB Patrick Skov - Georgia Tech - 6-0, 227 lbs. (Source)
- TE J.P. Holtz - Pittsburgh - 6-3, 238 lbs. (Source)
- C Mike Matthews - Texas A&M - 6-2, 294 lbs. (Source) - $7.5k bonus
- DT Kyle Rose - West Virginia - 6-4, 294 lbs. (Source)
- DT Nile Lawrence-Stample - Florida State - 6-1, 313 lbs. (Source)
- ILB Dominique Alexander - Oklahoma - 6-0, 232 lbs. (Source)
- CB Tracy Howard - Miami - 5-10, 191 lbs. (Source) - $9k bonus
- CB Kenya Dennis - Missouri - 5-11, 200 lbs. (Source)
- S A.J. Stamps - Kentucky - 5-11, 193 lbs. (Source)
- K Andrew Baggett - Missouri - 6-1, 216 lbs. (Source)
- K Brad Craddock - Maryland - 6-1, 174 lbs. (Source)
K Brent Wahle - Ohio Dominican - 6-2, 175 lbs. (Source) Tryout
- LS Kirk Willis - Cincinnati - 6-2, 231 lbs. (Source) Tryout