- "Browns Send Not So Subtle Message To Veterans With Large Draft Class" (92.3) - "Like so many before him, Hue Jackson came to Cleveland with a mission: evict the culture of failure and losing that has hovered over the franchise like a black cloud and turn the team into a winner."
- "Moneyball Is Changing the Way NFL Teams Assemble Their Rosters" (B/R) - "The Browns are a 'Moneyball' team now. I don't know what that means, and I don't care; I just know what to blame when everything goes haywire."
- "Manziel silent outside court after hearing in domestic case" (AP) - "Johnny Manziel waded through a crowd of reporters after his first court appearance in a domestic violence case Thursday, ignoring questions and even an autograph request."
- "Revisiting the Browns' 2016 schedule after the draft" (WKNR) - "After the draft, schedules take on new storylines. Now we can preview what the Browns will see in 2016."
- "Redskins sign TE Jordan Reed to five-year, $50M extension" (ESPN) - "The Washington Redskins have signed tight end Jordan Reed to a multiyear extension, the team announced Thursday."
- "Seahawks place Marshawn Lynch on reserve/retired list" (PFT) - "The Seahawks announced that they have placed Lynch on the list, which formally removes him from their roster and leaves them with 90 players."
- "Pittsburgh Steelers release OL Mike Adams" (NFL.com) - "It's over for Mike Adams in Pittsburgh. The Steelers released the veteran offensive tackle Thursday with a failed physical designation."
- "No NFL rookie has sold more jerseys so far than Ezekiel Elliott" (CBS) - "He's No. 21 in your program, No. 4 in the 2016 NFL Draft and No. 1 among rookies in jersey sales through one week."