- "Joe Thomas remains the gold standard" (DPD) - "Much like large parts of downtown Cleveland, the Cleveland Browns offensive line will be under construction once training camp opens on July 29. With the loss of Alex Mack and Mitchell Schwartz in free agency..."
- "Dansby would like to see old friend Donte Whitner join him in Cincinnati" (PFT) - "New Bengals linebacker Karlos Dansby told SiriusXM NFL Radio Wednesday that he’d like to see his former Browns teammate, safety Donte Whitner, join him in Cincinnati and said he’s tried to recruit..."
- "Browns legends Brown, Byner, Kosar at Cavaliers parade" (ESPN) - "Plenty of Cleveland and Ohio sports celebrities have joined in the fun of the Cleveland Cavaliers' victory parade on Wednesday. While LeBron James, Kyrie Irving, Kevin Love and the rest of the Cavs..."
- "Dallas police: QB Johnny Manziel reports hit-and-run crash" (AP) - "Johnny Manziel reported a hit-and-run accident to Dallas police earlier this week, and a representative of the troubled quarterback says he wasn't seriously injured. Senior Cpl. DeMarquis Black told The Associated Press..."
- "Adrian Peterson explains the surprising reason he would consider retirement" (CBS) - "If ever there were a running back who could break the mold and exceed expectations of 30-year-olds at the position, it's Adrian Peterson."
- "Drew Brees remains confident contract will be worked out" (USA TODAY) - "Saints quarterback Drew Brees hasn’t changed his view: he still sees himself retiring in New Orleans. Entering the final year of his current deal and contract talks 'ongoing...'"
- "Could Lions be tougher on offense sans Megatron?" (NFL.com) - "Could the Lions be tougher to defend without Calvin Johnson? Quarterback Matthew Stafford thinks so. 'I think we're going to do it a little bit differently...'"
- "Peyton Manning looking forward to watching football instead of playing" (SI.com) - "Recently retired quarterback Peyton Manning doesn’t regret his decision to end his career, and is looking forward to spending this fall watching..."