- "Haslam gives embattled corner Justin Gilbert a vote of confidence" (Plain Dealer) - "Browns owner Jimmy Haslam pulled embattled cornerback Justin Gilbert aside at the team's charity golf outing on Thursday and gave him some words of encouragement."
- "Josh McCown on QB uncertainty: I don’t like it, but it helps me get better" (PFT) - "The Browns still haven’t decided who their starting quarterback will be this season. Josh McCown wishes they would. McCown said on 850 WKNR in Cleveland that he would prefer to have a road map..."
- "Brotherly bond: Ali and Jim Brown shared passion, purpose" (AP) - "When Muhammad Ali fought against the Vietnam War in the 1960s, Jim Brown was in his corner. The boxer and the football legend, two transcendent American sports icons, were fiercely loyal friends."
- "Shelton reflects on 'passion' for giving back to Cleveland community" (Browns.com) - "Besides playing nose tackle for the Browns, Danny Shelton was doing what Danny Shelton does best on Thursday morning."
- "Aqib Talib is 'OK' after being shot in the leg at Dallas nightclub" (CBS) - "The Denver Broncos say cornerback Aqib Talib is "OK" after suffering a gunshot wound to his left leg early Sunday morning at a Dallas nightclub."
- "Johnny Manziel sued for damages to L.A. rental home" (ESPN) - "Johnny Manziel has been sued for causing 'extensive damage' to a Los Angeles home he rented in April, according to the attorney representing the owner of the property."
- "Joique Bell says he has 2-3 offers on the table" (NFL.com) - "Former Lions running back Joique Bell doesn't have a team at the moment, but he says he has the next best thing -- options."
- "Can the NFL escape the depths of its own corruption?" (SI.com) - "In 1924, a Philadelphia lawyer named Owen Roberts was hired by Congress to look into the rapidly blossoming Teapot Dome Scandal. Not long after he took the job, one senator pulled Roberts aside..."