- "NFL's decision on Josh Gordon gives Browns time to observe, learn" (ESPN) - "But when the league allowed Gordon to practice and play in the preseason, it gave the Browns an opportunity to spend six weeks observing and seeing just where Gordon is."
- "Browns should welcome back Josh Gordon, on a conditional basis" (MJ) - "Some fans will say Gordon has already caused so much grief the Browns should turn their back to make an example of him to the rest of the team. After all, he was suspended..."
- "Josh Gordon Is Back: Where Should You Draft Him in Fantasy Football?" (numberFire) - "Let's first get this out of the way: Gordon had -- perhaps still has -- the opportunity to be a once-in-a-decade type of receiver. In case you forgot, Gordon's first two years in the league were probably better than..."
- "Training camp position battles to watch: Browns" (NFL.com) - "The Browns are in rebuild mode and drafted four wideouts to refresh their receiving corps after parting ways with Travis Benjamin and Brian Hartline. It's a full-fledged position battle in Cleveland and targets are up for grabs."
- "It's time for the No Fun League to get out of the pot-policing business" (CBS) - "Maybe Aldon Smith really was misguided enough to post that video on social media and believe no one would ever find out, as he seems to suggest."
- "NFL teams could be fined, stripped of draft picks for concussion protocol violations" (USA TODAY) - "Both the league and union will each designate a representative to monitor whether teams are following the protocol or not."
- "Source: Mannings allowed NFL to see all relevant documents" (PFT) - "Although the statement released by the NFL seemed a bit vague on this point, a source with direct knowledge of the investigation tells PFT that, indeed, all relevant documents was provided..."
- "Report: Redskins LB Junior Galette tears Achilles, out for the season" (SI.com) - "Washington Redskins linebacker Junior Galette will miss the entire 2016-17 season with a torn Achilles that will require season-ending surgery..."