- "Hue Jackson says he'll name starting QB before first preseason game" (C-T) - "Browns fans are experts on quarterback competitions in training camp. After all, they’ve seen one just about every year for nearly two decades. Some turned the competitors into enemies."
- "Josh Gordon says he's a changed man in wake of 1-year ban" (ESPN) - "Josh Gordon said he returns to the Cleveland Browns a different man, one more willing and ready to accept help and support from others. Those were Gordon's words Thursday in his first public comments..."
- "Gordon defends his friendship with Johnny Manziel" (Plain Dealer) - "On the day before Browns training camp begins, Josh Gordon defended his friendship with Johnny Manziel, who's out of football and has been in trouble much of the off-season."
- "Isaiah Crowell wants to be part of the solution to public-police relations" (OBR) - "Isaiah Crowell has pledged to donate money along with a game check and has even attended the funeral of a fallen officer in Dallas. Still, he doesn't believe that he's done enough..."
- "Chris Clemons informs Seahawks he plans to retire" (NFL.com) - "Seattle Seahawks defensive end Chris Clemons is hanging up his cleats after 13 seasons with five different NFL organizations."
- "Brees downplays contract uncertainty, touts his longevity" (AP) - "Drew Brees was patient and non-confrontational while fielding repeated questions about why he and the New Orleans Saints weren't able to negotiate..."
- "Jason Pierre-Paul: My right hand feels like my left hand" (PFT) - "Giants defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul saw the additions that the team made to the defense in free agency and he’s heard the predictions..."
- "The details of Warren Sapp's shark bite are more ridiculous than you can imagine" (CBS) - "Sapp was diving for lobster, something he has done for three years in a row. It involves 'free diving' and holding his breath for 45 seconds..."