- "Pads come on, siren blares, tackling follows as Hue Jackson tries to instill toughness" (C-T) - "The first 'everything goes' period of training camp lasted about six minutes and focused on the run game, including Terrell Watson fighting for every inch and requiring several defenders to drag him down."
- "Jimmy Haslam 'cautiously optimistic' but 'realistic'" (ESPN) - "The words 'cautiously' and 'optimistic' were noteworthy. One year removed from his promise not to 'blow it up' if the Browns had a tough season, Haslam was not overselling anything aside from his belief in his new head coach and new front office..."
- "Crowell well-received by Browns fans in first open practice" (Plain Dealer) - "On the first day of Browns training camp open to the public, Isaiah Crowell received a warm welcome from the fans in the aftermath of his Instagram controversy."
- "Demario Davis welcomes leadership role" (OBR) - "Demario Davis was brought to the Browns to be one of the key leaders of the defense and he welcomes the opportunity, but he says there are several leaders on the defense. 'I think the leadership role as a middle linebacker is always natural,' Davis said..."
- "Steelers WR Brown wants contract, but won't hold out" (AP) - "Antonio Brown made it clear that he wants a new contract, but never considered holding out despite greatly outperforming his current deal with the Pittsburgh Steelers."
- "DeAndre Hopkins is ending his holdout" (PFT) - "Well, that didn’t last long. Texans receiver DeAndre Hopkins will end his two-day holdout and report for training camp, according to Tania Ganguli of ESPN.com."
- "Jerry Jones and Jason Garrett defend 'team culture' of the Cowboys" (CBS) - "The Dallas Cowboys are under plenty of scrutiny headed into a 2016 season filled with high expectations. While the 2014 season showed promise..."
- "J.J. Watt: I can't put a solid start date on my return" (NFL.com) - "Still stashed away on the Houston Texans' physically unable to perform list, J.J. Watt acknowledged Sunday that he isn't certain when he'll return from back surgery."