- "Browns, agent for injured Desmond Bryant meet over salary" (ESPN) - "The Cleveland Browns and the agent of injured defensive end Desmond Bryant spent much of Tuesday discussing whether the team would be willing to pay Bryant any portion of the $6 million in base salary he is due..."
- "Gordon needs to shed a few pounds, is close to practicing" (Plain Dealer) - "Josh Gordon is running after practice, playing a little catch during and is close to returning to the practice field from his pulled quad muscle. But his former coach and his current have observed he'll need to shed a few pounds..."
- "Shelton drops 30 pounds, buckles down as he looks to make huge leap" (C-T) - "Danny Shelton is still a fun-loving goofball. He’s just a more mature fun-loving goofball. Shelton, who will turn 23 on Aug. 20, went through a transformation before his second season with the Browns."
- "Hue Jackson can tailor Browns' offense to fit RG III" (PFF) - "If Jackson will draw up specific plays to take advantage of the abilities of backup offensive lineman Jake Fisher like he did a season ago, then he’ll certainly get creative with all the tools RG III brings to the table."
- "Telesco says ‘there has to be’ a Bosa compromise at some point" (PFT) - "It’s been nearly two weeks since the Chargers and the agents for defensive end Joey Bosa last spoke. San Diego G.M. Tom Telesco believes they’ll eventually speak again..."
- "Chargers wideout Stevie Johnson out for season" (NFL.com) - "The San Diego Chargers will have to play the 2016 season without Stevie Johnson. The veteran wide receiver has learned that surgery to repair a meniscus tear will prevent him..."
- "Coaches at odds on impact of technology overload on NFL game" (AP) - "Carolina Panthers coach Ron Rivera believes too much technology may wind up hurting the NFL game. Other coaches are more welcoming to even more hi-tech changes."
- "18,000 NFL fans sign a petition asking the Bengals to change their name" (CBS) - "Someone wants the Bengals to change their name to the Cincinnati Harambes to honor the gorilla that was killed at the Cincinnati Zoo in late May..."