- "Jackson looking for answers in preseason opener in Green Bay" (MJ) - "The goals of the head coaches in the preseason opener between the Browns and Packers on Aug. 12 are as contrasted as the uniform colors each team wears."
- "Accountability, Culture At The Core Of Latest Rebuild" (92.3) - "For the better part of 17 years the Browns have been more entertaining off the field than on it. Believe it or not, times are changing under new head coach Hue Jackson..."
- "Ricardo Louis, amid lofty comparisons, focused" (Browns.com) - "Ricardo Louis has heard the Andre Johnson comparisons before. And when it was broached during interviews on Monday afternoon, the rookie wide receiver from Auburn shook his head and laughed."
- "Can Robert Griffin III succeed? Sure, if the Browns follow these three keys" (WP) - "As of Monday, Robert Griffin III is once again a starting quarterback in the National Football League. Nevermind that Griffin hasn’t had a positive grade in Pro Football Focus’s system for a game since 2013."
- "Injuries: Malcolm Mitchell suffers elbow subluxation" (NFL.com) - "Playing in his NFL debut, it's hard to imagine a worse start for Malcolm Mitchell. The Patriots' fourth-round pick out of Georgia suffered an elbow subluxation during Thursday's preseason win over the Saints..."
- “Lawsuit seeks $5M from NFL over Hall of Fame game cancellation" (ESPN) - "A class-action lawsuit was filed Thursday against the NFL and Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio, for the cancellation of the Hall of Fame game this past Sunday because of poor field conditions."
- "Tomlinson puts heat on Bosa, too" (PFT) - "As if unsigned defensive end Joey Bosa wasn’t hearing enough chatter from current Chargers about his contract situation, one of the franchise’s all-time greats recently called out the No. 3 overall pick in the draft."