CLEVELAND BROWNS TRAINING CAMP REPORT - DAY 12 (8/14/16)
1. Back to Business: For the first time since last Wednesday, the Cleveland Browns were back in Berea for a training camp session. This also marked the team’s first practice since Friday’s preseason loss to the Packers, and the first practice that was intended to be closed off to the public (several practices were rained out from the public).
2. The Baylor Boys See Some Action: It appears that WR Josh Gordon (quad) and WR Corey Coleman are both inching their way closer to seeing action this preseason. Based on Coleman’s body of work, he probably has a shot at suiting up for this Thursday’s preseason game. Gordon would likely have to wait until the third or fourth preseason game.
#Browns Josh Gordon and Corey Coleman participated in the early walk-through with helmets on but are now on the sidelines for light practice— Mary Kay Cabot (@MaryKayCabot) August 14, 2016
3. Eric Patterson With Another Pick: During 7-on-7 drills, CB Eric Patterson picked off a pass by QB Josh McCown intended for WR Dennis Parks. If you recall, Patterson picked off a pass against the Packers on Friday. Interceptions are a sexy stat to force coaches to either give you some more looks, or consider you for the practice squad.
Coming in your living room part 1 from snapchat un: ruiterwrong pic.twitter.com/a5satJaX2i— Daryl Ruiter (@RuiterWrongFAN) August 14, 2016
4. Pryor Still Nursing Left Hand: After last Friday’s game, WR Terrelle Pryor had X-rays on his left hand. Although they came back negative, Mary Kay Cabot of the Plain Dealer says that his hand is bruised, and the pain forced him out of action during Sunday’s light session:
#Browns WR Terrelle Pryor has stopped practicing. Left hand clearly bothering him. X-rays on it after game were negative.— Scott Petrak ct (@ScottPetrak) August 14, 2016
5. Where’s Joe? The media couldn’t help but notice that LT Joe Thomas was missing during the practice session. Sure, he gets every other day off, but he’s still always with the team on the sidelines. After practice, head coach Hue Jackson said that Thomas’ back flared up a little, so he stayed inside today, but that it was nothing to worry about.
6. Still Absent: DL John Hughes is still absent due to personal reasons. Last week, Hughes’ agent said that he will be returning to the team, so I’m left to assume that it’s something family-related. CB K’Waun Williams, who missed the first preseason game due to personal reasons, was also still absent.
7. Haden’s Progress: CB Joe Haden took part in the light practice today, but has still been ruled out for Thursday’s preseason game. TE Seth DeValve also practiced and would seem like a more likely candidate to play Thursday if all goes well.
8. Brownies: QB Robert Griffin III (purposely) threw a pass away into a neighbor’s back yard again. ... The media says that the light, non-padded practice only lasted about one hour. ... WR Terrelle Pryor said that he needs to improve his game when he’s not a receiver, such as being a blocker. ... WR Marlon Moore, WR Rashard Higgins, and RB Glenn Winston were new players to add to the injury list of players who sat out. ... Monday from 3:15-5:45 p.m. is the Browns’ final training camp session open to the public.