- "Joe Thomas sits out with back issue he calls 'old man training camp' stuff" (ESPN) - "Pro Bowl left tackle Joe Thomas will not practice this week and appears highly doubtful to play in the Cleveland Browns' Thursday night game against the Atlanta Falcons due to a sore back."
- "Jamie Meder, fresh off first safety, embracing first-team role" (Browns.com) - "It took Jamie Meder seven months to grow his beard. It took the burly Browns nose tackle so much longer to score his first points in a football game, something that finally happened in Friday night’s loss..."
- "Scouting Cleveland: A Never-Ending QB Competition" (MMQB) - "Unless Robert Griffin III has somehow learned how to be a dropback quarterback over the past 18 months, he has no chance in Cleveland. Or anywhere else."
- "What should we expect from RGIII?" (NFL.com) - "The ‘Good Morning Football’ crew talks about the storylines to watch for in the week 2 preseason game between the Falcons and the Browns including the expectations for Browns QB Robert Griffin III." - VIDEO
- "Stomach pain sends Cardinals coach Bruce Arians to hospital" (CBS) - "Cardinals coach Bruce Arians was taken to a local hospital on Tuesday evening. The team released a statement via its public relations department..."
- "Steelers' LB James Harrison not interested in talking to NFL" (AP) - "Pittsburgh Steelers' linebacker James Harrison doesn't want to face a suspension. He is also not interested in talking to NFL representatives, either."
- "Bills could be forking over $250,000 to the league, due to player suspensions" (PFT) - "If injuries and suspensions counted as wins, the Bills would already be close to locking up a playoff berth."
- "Titans trade WR Dorial Green-Beckham to Eagles for OL Dennis Kelly" (SI.com) - "The Tennessee Titans have traded wide receiver Dorial Green-Beckham to the Philadelphia Eagles for offensive lineman Dennis Kelly, the teams announced on Tuesday."