- "Griffin III has become the leader Hue Jackson wants and 'we're getting close' to naming starter" (Plain Dealer) - "Robert Griffin III has checked off Hue Jackson's leadership box and and it won't be long before he names him the starter."
- "Griffin III: 'You can't control when coach makes a (QB) decision'" (ESPN) - "Robert Griffin III said he takes nothing from the fact that he has taken every first-team rep for the Cleveland Browns so far during training camp."
- "Corey Coleman rose from violent streets, forgave imprisoned father" (ABJ) - "The young man who often heard loud pops of gunfire as a boy listened to the sweet sound of a dream come true while NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell hugged him..."
- "Mingo out to prove to Cleveland Browns he can be a dominant defender" (MJ) - "Waiting for Barkevious Mingo to produce as an outside linebacker is like waiting for a rare exotic flower to bloom."
- "Inside Tyrann Mathieu’s unique deal" (PFT) - "Cardinals defensive back Tyrann Mathieu’s unique circumstances led to a very unique contract."
- "Atlanta Falcons sign veteran DE Dwight Freeney" (NFL.com) - "Desperately in need of a legitimate pass rusher, the Falcons are bringing in one of the most productive sack artists of the 21st century."
- "Kellen Moore injured in practice, out several months" (USA TODAY) - "Cowboys backup quarterback Kellen Moore suffered a major leg injury during practice Tuesday night and is expected to miss several months."
- "Trent Richardson cut by the Ravens" (CBS) - "Richardson's time with the Ravens lasted only 107 days. It included one knee surgery and zero games played."