- "Hue Jackson is moving on quickly from Cleveland's first round of roster cuts" (OBR) - "Hue Jackson has a short memory. So short, in fact, that he seemingly forgot some of the players 15 players the Browns cut on Monday morning."
- "Behind Browns moves with Andy Lee, K'Waun Williams and Paul Kruger" (ESPN) - "The overhaul rolls on, with a continued emphasis on future draft picks and young players. Just six players remain in the roster who are over 30 years old..."
- "Patrick Murray bounces back to beat out Travis Coons" (MJ) - "Patrick Murray, the Browns’ new kicker, knows exactly what the Browns’ old kicker is feeling today. The Browns made a series of roster moves on Aug. 29."
- "Browns starters to see action in preseason finale" (Browns.com) - "The Browns coach on Monday said he expects to use his top players in some capacity in Thursday’s preseason finale against the Bears. What he’s yet to decide is how long..."
- "Chargers sweeten language of training-camp roster bonuses, signing bonus payout to get deal done" (PFT) - "The Chargers and defensive end Joey Bosa finally found a middle ground. In the grand scheme of things, it wasn’t much."
- "Chargers release veteran wide receiver James Jones" (NFL.com) - "James Jones is back on the market. Four weeks after Jones signed on with San Diego, the Chargers have released the 32-year-old wideout..."
- "The Kaepernick Aftermath" (MMQB) - "Politics. Sports. Cops. Race. The perfect combo platter to inflame America. And inflame America is exactly what Colin Kaepernick did. The MMQB is in its fourth year."
- "Broncos name their starting quarterback: Trevor Siemian" (AP) - "Trevor Siemian couldn't be rattled. Not by the knee injury that ended his college career at Northwestern and scared away everyone but the Denver Broncos"