- "Heftier Browns linebacker Barkevious Mingo may have lighter expectations" (WKNR) - "Mr. Nice Guy: Barkevious Mingo has carried the weight of expectations with class. Then again, he has always carried weight well."
- "TE Connor Hamlett turning heads in Browns training camp" (Browns.com) - "Connor Hamlett wasn’t sure if he wanted to keep playing football. The Browns first-year tight end from Oregon State had his fair share injuries..."
- "Could Josh McCown be a trade target for the Dallas Cowboys?" (DPD) - "The Cleveland Browns may have the solution for Dallas, coming in the form of 37-year-old quarterback Josh McCown. If the first five days of Browns camp is any indication..."
- "Ex-NFL player sentenced to prison for theft from charities" (AP) - "Reggie Rucker was sentenced Wednesday to 21 months in prison for stealing from two charities, a crime his attorney blamed on a gambling addiction caused by football-related brain injuries."
- "NaVorro Bowman agrees to 4-year contract extension with 49ers" (ESPN) - "Linebacker NaVorro Bowman has agreed to a four-year contract extension with the San Francisco 49ers worth $44 million, with $20 million guaranteed..."
- "Ezekiel Elliot out with hamstring injury" (CBS) - "For the second time in less than 24 hours, the Dallas Cowboys are dealing with a big injury. First-round pick Ezekiel Elliot is expected to miss some time this month due to a lingering hamstring issue."
- "Chiefs 'in the mix' to sign former Rams QB Nick Foles" (NFL.com) - "The Dallas Cowboys aren't the lone suitor for the services of Nick Foles. The Kansas City Chiefs are "in the mix" of teams showing interest..."
- "Trent Richardson goes unclaimed on waivers" (PFT) - "Well, if the Ravens are serious about potentially bringing back running back Trent Richardson, they’ll be able to do it."