NFL teams are required to release depth charts before every game. In anticipation for this Friday's preseason game against the Green Bay Packers, Cleveland Browns head coach Hue Jackson unveiled his first depth chart, which we have put together in the table below. Beneath the table are some general notes about the depth chart itself.
|Cleveland Browns Depth Chart|
|QB||Robert Griffin III||Josh McCown||Cody Kessler||Austin Davis|
|RB||Isaiah Crowell||Duke Johnson||Raheem Mostert||Terrell Watson||Glenn Winston||Rajion Neal|
|FB||Malcolm Johnson||Robert Hughes|
|WR1||Corey Coleman||Andrew Hawkins||Taylor Gabriel||Rashard Higgins||Darius Jennings||[Josh Gordon]|
|WR2||Terrelle Pryor||Marlon Moore||Ricardo Louis||Rannell Hall||Jordan Payton||Dennis Parks|
|TE||Gary Barnidge||Randall Telfer||E.J. Bibbs||Connor Hamlett||J.P. Holtz||David Reeves|
|LT||Joe Thomas||Dan France||Erle Ladson||[Seth DeValve]|
|LG||Joel Bitonio||Kaleb Johnson|
|C||Cameron Erving||Garth Gerhart||Mike Matthews|
|RG||John Greco||Austin Pasztor||Cory Tucker|
|RT||Spencer Drango||Alvin Bailey||Shon Coleman|
|RDE||Xavier Cooper||Armonty Bryant||Carl Nassib|
|NT||Danny Shelton||Jamie Meder||Nile Lawrence-Sta.||Chigbo Anunoby|
|LDE||John Hughes||Nick Hayden||Kenton Adeyemi|
|ROLB||Paul Kruger||Emmanuel Ogbah||Cam Johnson||Jason Neill|
|MIKE||Demario Davis||Justin Tuggle||Scooby Wright|
|WILL||Christian Kirksey||Tank Carder||Dominique Alexander|
|LOLB||Nate Orchard||Barkevious Mingo||Joe Schobert|
|RCB||Joe Haden||Justin Gilbert||Trey Caldwell||Charles Gaines||Mikell Everette|
|LCB||Tramon Williams||K'Waun Williams||Jamar Taylor||Tracy Howard||Eric Patterson|
|FS||Jordan Poyer||Rahim Moore||Pierre Desir||Tim Scott|
|SS||Ibraheim Campbell||Derrick Kindred||Don Jones||Scott Baker|
|K||Travis Coons||Patrick Murray
|KR||Raheem Mostert||Justin Gilbert||Darius Jennings|
|PR||Corey Coleman||Raheem Mostert||Tramon Williams|
Notes About the Depth Chart
- Players in [brackets] mean they are injured, thus their ranking on the depth chart should not be taken literally. This applies to WR Josh Gordon and TE Seth DeValve.
- At right tackle, Spencer Drango is atop the chart, but that position is still very fluid. For example, in today's practice, Austin Pasztor was playing there.
- It's tough to position all of the wide receivers at this point, but of all the players listed, Rashard Higgins probably deserves a bump given what he's been doing.
- The tight end position is hard to evaluate too. Randall Telfer has missed several practices, but is listed second, while recent-stud Connor Hamlett is still listed fourth. For some positions, this might simply be an "experience" depth chart.
- This is an "unofficial" depth chart release by the team. We'll get a better grasp of where players fall during Friday's preseason game against the Packers.
What are your thoughts on the depth chart, Browns fans?