- "Joe Haden, fresh off the PUP list, ready to see how Cleveland Browns offense will do" (Plain Dealer) - "One of the most difficult chapters of Joe Haden's career is finally over, just as the Browns get set to start a new chapter this week."
- "McCown looks at big picture as Browns name Robert Griffin III starting QB" (Browns.com) - "For the past few months, Josh McCown has handed the Browns quarterback competition with the poise and grace of a 14-year veteran."
- "Browns' revamped receiving corps is looking good" (WKNR) - "The past Browns’ GM was noted for saying receivers don’t touch the ball enough to have a large impact on games. He turned his back on the position during two of the best receiver drafts..."
- "Browns need real test against another team" (C-T) - "The Browns have practiced eight times since training camp started, including scrimmages Friday and Saturday -- the first with tackling, the second in front of 40,000-plus at Ohio State."
- "NFL Spokesman says HOF Game will remain in Canton" (PFT) - "NFL Spokesman Brian McCarthy told the Canton Repository Monday that the league has had ‘absolutely no discussions about moving the Hall of Fame Game out of Canton in the future.’"
- "Veteran WR Moore retires 3 days after signing with Falcons" (AP) - "Veteran wide receiver Lance Moore retired Monday, telling the Atlanta Falcons his heart wasn't in it only three days after signing with the team as a free agent."
- "Jay Cutler calls the Bears 'a dumb team' after repeated training camp fights" (CBS) - "The Bears are dumb. Not because of their coaching staff or their collective football IQ. They're dumb because of their tendency to fight during training camp."
- "Training camp winners and losers: Dante Fowler shines" (NFL.com) - "Terrelle Pryor spent Saturday evening basking in adulation after spelling out ‘O-H-I-O’ to the Columbus faithful after a long touchdown."